Bio – Cassandra the artist
One of my favourite quotes comes from Picasso, “Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.” The power of creativity to positively impact people’s lives is the force that inspires me to create.
A bit more about me and my urge to create…
Cassandra Gaisford is an award-winning artist, transpersonal art therapist, author, and Reiki master who infuses her work with positive energy and light. She believes in the healing power of creativity to transform people’s lives, making them feel refreshed, playful, inspired and joyful.
She was the supreme winner of the Wai Art Awards, and a finalist in the Adam’s Portrait award. Having participated in various overseas workshops including a Sumi–E ink painting workshop in Hawaii with ex-pat artist, Max Gimblett, her latest works embrace the simplicity of pleasure and personal experiences that create flow and incite joy.
“As an intuitive artist with a passion for following my ‘inner joy’ I hope my work captures and celebrates the ‘life-giving’ aspects of art, and leaves viewers with a feeling of pleasure, contentment, and peace.”
Awards and achievements
- Supreme Winner Wai Art Awards May 2008 for “Love Stain” – a mixed media triptych
- Finalist The Adam Portrait Award and Exhibition, Wellington Feb 2008
- Amazon bestselling author, Art of Success: Leonardo da Vinci, The Healthy Artist, Mid-Life Career Rescue, How to Find Your Passion and Purpose and other works of fiction and non-fiction.
- The Beauty of Resilience (group exhibition) Little Black Gallery, 2020
- Koast, 2018, 2019,
- Wai Art 2008
- The Adam Portrait Award and Exhibition, Wellington 21 February – 01 April 2008
- Joy’ance (group exhibition) – 28 Aug – 5 Sept, 2008
- The Affordable Art Show, May 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010
- Maypole Gallery and Design, February -June 2008
- Millwood Gallery, November 2006, 2008, 2010
- University of Life
- Bachelor of Interior Architecture -completed 2 years of a 3-year degree
- Certified Image and Colour Consultant – Fashion Academy 2008
- Interactive Drawing Therapy – advanced 2006
- Abstract painting workshops Jane Kellahan 2008
- Abstract painting workshops Megan Schmidt 2008
- Sumi Ink Painting with Max Gimblett in Hawaii, July 2008
Feedback about Cassandra’s works include:
“Of the 12 judges, six were from the art field. They were unanimous in choosing your piece. They are very knowledgeable about art and travel all over the world. These are people in the know. The photographer who brought your piece is a collector and is also very knowledgeable. Feedback from one of the judges when asked “why did the winner win” was “that it stood out from all the rest, it was different” ~ Paulette, Wai Art Awards organiser
“At the opening, I sensed that here was a piece that truly spoke to me, it is kind of hard to explain but I saw it and fell in love with it. When I first saw it I knew I had to buy it and I have never regretted it for one moment. It is an uplifting image, thank you.” ~ Richard Clark
“I like the attitude and philosophies that come across on your websites and the art is brilliant. Such a talent, go hard!” ~ Lionel
“I think I am becoming a lover of abstract expressionism. Started with Cassandra’s work!!!”
“The pieces inspired by such positive feelings.”
“Wow! So amazing to see your pieces in reality. They have so much life in them.”
“Your work has a magical, spiritual quality. I just love them. Really love them.”