A bit about me and my urge to create…
Cassandra Gaisford is an award-winning artist, transpersonal art therapist, author, and Reiki master who infuses her work with positive energy and light. She believes in the healing power of creativity to transform people’s lives, making them feel refreshed, playful, inspired and joyful.
She was the supreme winner of the Wai Art Awards, and a finalist in the Adam’s Portrait award. Having participated in various overseas workshops including a Sumi–E ink painting workshop in Hawaii with expat artist, Max Gimblett, her latest works embrace the simplicity of pleasure and personal experiences that create flow and incite joy.
“As an intuitive artist with a passion for following my ‘inner joy’ I hope my work captures and celebrates the ‘life-giving’ aspects of art, and leaves viewers with a feeling of pleasure, contentment, and peace.”
Awards and achievements
- Supreme Winner – Wai Art Awards May 2008 for “Love Stain” – a mixed media triptych
- Finalist The Adam Portrait Award and Exhibition, Wellington Feb 2008
- Amazon bestselling author, “Art of Success: Leonardo da Vinci”, “The Healthy Artist”, Mid-Life Career Rescue”,
“How to Find Your Passion and Purpose” and other works of fiction and non-fiction.
- University of Life!
- Bachelor of Interior Architecture – completed 2 years of the 3-year degree
- Certified Image and Colour Consultant – Fashion Academy 2008
- Interactive Drawing Therapy – advanced 2006
- Abstract painting workshops Jane Kellahan 2008
- Abstract painting workshops Megan Schmidt 2008
- Sumi Ink Painting with Max Gimblett in Hawaii, July 2008