A bit about me and my urge to create…
Cassandra Gaisford is an award-winning artist, trained in art and spiritual psychology. She uses chromology—the science and psychology behind uplifting, feel-great colours—as the foundation for her bright and beautiful large-scale artworks.
Cassandra is also a bestselling author and Reiki master. She infuses all her creations with positive energy and optimism. She believes in the healing power of creativity to transform people’s lives, helping them feel happy, uplifted and empowered.
She was the supreme winner of the Wai Art Awards, and a finalist in the Adam’s Portrait award. She has participated in various overseas workshops including a fresco-painting workshop in Florence, Italy and a Sumi–E ink painting workshop in Hawaii with New York-based, New Zealand artist, Max Gimblett.
Cassandra’s latest works embrace her love of high-vibration colours and the transcendent aspects of colourful, fluid art that mesmerizes, inspires and delights.
Her work is held in private collections including: London, Europe, NZ and in the USA
“As an intuitive artist with a passion for following my ‘inner joy’ I hope my work captures and celebrates the ‘wellbeing’ aspects of art, and leaves viewers with feelings of love, happiness, joy, and peace.”
@womensrefugenz is Cassandra’s chosen charity to donate to for people who purchase her paintings or join her creativity workshops. You may like to know that each painting sold or enrolment made helps empower a victim of family violence by offering a safe, supportive place to stay for someone you’ll never meet, in a place we pray you’ll never need.
Awards and achievements
- Supreme Winner – Wai Art Awards for “Love Stain” – a mixed media triptych
- Finalist The Adam Portrait Award and Exhibition, Wellington, New Zealand
- Amazon bestselling author:
Art of Success: Leonardo da Vinci
The Art of Success: Coco Chanel
The Happy, Healthy Artist: Worry Less, Improve Your Health & Create a Sustainable Creative Career
Play Dates: Insights and Inspiration to Spark and Sustain Your Creativity
Mid-Life Career Rescue: How to Confidently Leave a Job You Hate, and Start Living a Life you Love, Before It’s Too Late.
How To Find Your Passion And Purpose: Four Easy Steps to Discover A Job You Want and Live the Life You Love
and other works of fiction and non-fiction, including Where is Salvator Mundi? The Art of Deception.
- Bachelor of Commerce and Administration, Victoria University (Marketing Major)
- Bachelor of Interior Architecture – completed 2 years of the 3-year degree
- Certified Image and Colour Consultant – Fashion Academy
- Interactive Drawing Therapy – advanced
- Abstract painting workshops Jane Kellahan
- Abstract painting workshops Megan Schmidt
- Sumi Ink Painting with Max Gimblett in Hawaii
- Smell the Roses, Solo Exhibition, 2021
- Return to Love, Group Exhibition, 2021 (With Jane Ussher and Grant Gallager)
- New Beginnings, Solo Exhibition, 2021
- The Beauty of Resilience Group Exhibition, 2020 (Jody Hope Gibbons and others)
- Koast Art Trail 2019
- Koast Art Trail 2018
- The Adam Portrait Award and Exhibition, Wellington (Finalist)
- Wai Art Awards (Winner Supreme Art Award)
Follow Me and Continue To Be Supported, Encouraged, and Inspired
ps. you may like to join my new FREE group for encouragement and insight – THE JOYFUL ARTISTS A relaxed, comfortable and joyful place to grow in your Artistic Journey. Writing, drawing, painting, mixed media tutorials by award-winning artist and best-selling author Cassandra Gaisford. With 25 years of creativity coaching, art teaching experience and a love of encouraging others to discover the joy and power of creative expression, this is a place to learn and discover the fun of making art from your heart