The power of hope is grounded firmly in spiritual and religious practices but also in science. Like the ancient Greeks and Romans, Leonardo da Vinci, and even 18th century physicians, recognized the physiological effects of mind-power and hope on the body.
Successful medical outcomes, even when the intervention is a placebo, further evidence the impact of maintaining a positive expectation. If like me, you’ve manifested miracles in your own life, by maintaining a positive expectation, you’ll know the power of hope.
Thoughts do become things. Scientists Gregg Braden and also Bruce Lipton, author of The Biology of Belief, have evidenced this.
But hope can only flourish when you believe that what you do can make a difference, that you recognise that you have choices, and that the your actions can create a future which differs from your present situation.
When you empower your belief in your ability to gain some control over your circumstances, you are no longer entirely at the mercy of forces outside yourself. You are back in the driving seat.
What you believe has a tremendous influence on the likelihood of success. Reframe your fears and buoy your dreams with hope. Not, “I’m afraid of failing ” but “I hope to succeed,” or something similar.
21 ways to turn your thoughts to hope
- Set achievement goals—not avoidance goals
- Take steps—no matter how small, everyday toward your goals
- Create more joy
- Surround yourself with positive, hopeful, optimistic people
- Affirm the positive
- Visualise a positive outcome
- Journal your way to help
- Be solution, not obstacle, focused
- Let go. Hope has a harder job when you hang onto things that no longer serve you
- Act as if
- Manage your words, thoughts, and feelings
- Tell yourself, “everything is working out for my highest good,” or something similar when setbacks threaten to knock your hope
- Remind yourself, “this too will pass,” when crap happens. Nothing is permanent. Nothing!
- Colour therapy
- Essential oils
- Rest and sleep
- Spirituality, faith
- Let desire, not fear, lift you higher. Do the thing you fear and desire will triumph
“Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.” ~ Arianna Huffington
To purchase your copy and learn more from Leonardo Navigate to here: getBook.at/TheArtofSuccess